Saturday, February 12, 2011

Why do I cry?

Last night I cried.

Then I wondered why I cried. Was it because I want him to take me back? Is it because I still want him? Am I just looking for attention? Why was I crying?

Well, I'm not sure I know what love really is any more. I guess I find out when I get there. I know he is not going to try to get me back. I think I have accepted that for the most part. So why was I crying?

I gave it some more thought. And I have come up with the answer. It has to do with multiple feelings including sadness, fear, and self-pity because of one truth: I was unwanted.

He didn't want me. He "loved and cared" about me, but he didn't want me. All of his love for me wasn't enough for him to want to keep me.

I don't want to be unwanted. I deserve to be wanted. So I cried because I was sad that I had been unwanted. Because I am afraid that maybe no one will want me. I don't want to be alone in this world. And maybe because I pity myself -if I'm unwanted no one else should be sad for me - Who would really care about the emotional battle within me?

No comments:

Post a Comment