Saturday, November 6, 2010

Silly Childish Fantasies

Love.

They say it's "all you need" and that it "never fails," but that is not true.

I have found out, after 5 years of a loving relationship, that love is not enough. Love was and is still there in a way, but it wasn't enough to make it through life. Life came in with not-enough-time, focus-on-career, and can't-get-what-you-need, so love failed me.

I should know better to believe in "happily ever afters" and I do know that love takes work and compromise, but I didn't imagine it would FAIL completely.

I'm sad because love failed. There was no "how can we work this out." It seemed so black and white. "I am focusing on my career (stop)." "It's been stressful for me at work and at home (stop)." Where's the compromise? Where's the what-if-we-try-this?

I'm mourning the death of love, and it's killing me to think that love is not as powerful as I had come to believe. Where do I go from here, dear void? Can the love that NEVER fails exist? My reality has changed. What do I believe in now?

2 comments:

  1. HI! I found you. And this is one of those smack-down-the-Disney-feelings things. I know how this feels though...I was watching Ella Enchanted when I started crying a few years ago and I thought THAT CRAP NEVER HAPPENS!! Love is full of pain and suffering! And the thing is, that was before Trygve and I started dating. Since we started seeing each other, I have experienced a whole new kind of love, completely different than any other love I have ever felt before. It IS unconditional. It IS all-encompassing. And it IS truly the stuff dreams are made of. So don't let your hope go down the drain just yet, my dear!! You are a beautiful and sweet young lady and any guy would be lucky to call you his! I don't mean to be mean but I think your ex just wasn't worthy of you. It's okay if you disagree but you deserve the best hun...you really do!

    *sending you happy, healthy vibes*

    ~Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...and btw,

    http://steph-wherethewildthingsare.blogspot.com/

    :)

    ReplyDelete