Sunday, November 14, 2010

Bad Dreams

Last night I had another bad dream: a break up dream.

I have had both "getting back together" dreams and break up dreams. I much prefer the getting back together dreams, so I can at least have a happy subconscious during my sleep.

The break up dreams make me sad and make me re-live what happened only in worse conditions. Last night's dream the reason for the break up was because of another girl. He didn't love me and he had this other girl right away. Thankfully that was not the case in real life. But that dream sucked!

Metaphorically, the girl could have represented his career stealing him away from me... but with an actual person, in the dream, it was much more difficult to digest.

When will the break up dreams stop? I used to hate having the nightmarish dreams that I'm running away from someone who is trying to kill me or someone I love or both... But these depressing break up dreams are almost worse. (Almost, I'm glad I don't have to many running away and hiding to stay alive dreams right now.)

Maybe tonight my subconscious will decide that I should be happy and I'll get a restful night's sleep and a good dream. All I can do is hope.

2 comments:

  1. Oh girl I am so sorry! I am sorry that this is happening to you. :( Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No horrible dreams lately, so that's good. I'm working on putting one foot in front of the other... and not get too sad or cry too much. I'm not going to apologize for crying, but I'm trying to stay logical and keep my emotions in check. It's a good thing I had been working on it. And I still believe "It's alright to cry"... I'll just do it on my own time.

    ReplyDelete