Sunday, October 18, 2009

So last weekend I was a little bored with just watching TV/movies and even wanted to do more than reading my book.... So I brought up my iTunes and re-found the Concordia Choir's (my year, 2008) recording session where we sang some wonderful songs including this marriage by Eric Whitacre, i carry your heart arranged by Rene Clausen himself, and the wonderful Schnittke choral piece, mvt 2. I cried during Schnittke -it is an amazing song, it gives me chills. Plus I am able to remember how awsome and difficult it was to put the song together. I miss being a part of the Concordia Choir! Singing under Dr Rene Clausen was indescribable. It was an experience full of fun, passion, hard work, true musical quality, teamwork... It was one of the best experiences of my life. vocal music means so much to me that working with others who are so talented and so willing to do our best to make that most wonderful music... awww it's amazing, magical even. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIuo_Aq5S2Y -this marriage by me! and my choir -thanks YouTube, lol) Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Kari, I see why you miss that. It's so rich, and after so much hard work you have such a great thing to show for it! I miss going to watch you sing.

    ReplyDelete